Starting your day with a nutritious Feel good smoothie is a great way to set the tone for eating healthy all day long. Not only are they packed with vitamins and minerals, but they can also help give you sustained energy levels and help keep you feeling full until your next meal.
Creating a delicious smoothie is all about finding the right balance of flavours. You can experiment with different ingredients until you find a combination you love. This recipe makes enough for two people and is very easy to make. Sometimes I’ll make a big batch and drink some now and save the rest for later. Sometimes I’ll use leftovers to make little frozen snacks – they’re perfect for a quick treat.
Here’s a recipe for a delicious and nutritious Feel good smoothie that you can enjoy any time of day:
- 2 large handfuls of dark, leafy greens of your choice
- 3-4 brazil nuts, soaked overnight
- 1 Tablespoons flax seeds, ground
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds, whole
- 1 banana
- 2 oranges, juiced or peeled and blended whole
- 2 cups alkaline mineral water, or spring water
Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender for 30-60 seconds.